BSCDA TV continued the popular Off Track series with Season 2 in 2021 to get a real insight into a drivers thoughts, opinions and their careers.
This was all taken with the approach of ‘As a fan of the sport, what would you ask if you could?’.
In the first of a series of interviews we chat to Chris about a number of topics including:
- The start of his racing career in Ministox followed by his move to V8s and then finally the F1s.
- His move from running one car to two as he gives his opinion on the subject.
- His personal life from 2019 onwards.
- His opportunities at racing in New Zealand.
- A couple of his funniest stories.
- Two big talking points of his career which involved John Lund (53) and Tony Smith (ex-91).
- The hardest drivers he’s raced against.
- The unveiling of his brand new shale car.
- A surprise reveal……and more!
In our next instalment of Off Track we chat to Daz about the following topics:
- His move from F2s to F1s
- Highlights of his career
- His period in the Outlaws
- His rollover at Hednesford
- Why Peter Falding was a bad influence in the bar
- His favourite track
- His racing connection with Bobby Griffin (166)…….and more!
In what appears to be a highly anticipated interview, tonight sees part one of our Off Track 2021 interview with Dan Johnson (4) where we chat to him about a number of topics including:
- His brief AutoGrass career before his return to the ovals
- The start of his career in BriSCA F1 and his relationship with BSCDA Chairman Peter Falding
- His championship wins
- His rivalries with various drivers
- And a whole lot more!!
In our next instalment of Off Track 2021 we get the chance to speak to Joe Booth (446) about a number of topics including:
- How the pandemic has impacted his life
- His Ministox career and the transition to BriSCA F1
- A switch from a bought car to a self built one
- Being part of ‘that’ Coventry Grand Final in 2016
- The hardest driver he’s raced against
- His time racing in New Zealand
- The unveiling of his shale car for 2021……and a whole lot more!!
In our next instalment of Off Track 2021 we get the chance to speak to Joff Gibson (249) about a number of topics including:
- The start of his career in BriSCA F1
- His disappearance from the sport and his reappearance in 2008
- The incident with Mat Newson (16) at Cowdenbeath
- The famous face within his team
- The British Championship in 2015 (quote below)
- Looking ahead at the 2021 season
- His new car unveiling…..and more!
You can catch all of our interviews on our Facebook page or YouTube channel, just search BSCDAF1. Whilst there, why not give us a follow/subscribe.
In our next instalment of Off Track 2021 we get the chance to speak to Mat Newson (16) about a number of topics including:
- How he got into BriSCA F1 and discussing his career which now enters a 20th season
- His greatest achievement so far His view on the silver roof debate
- The building/maintaining of his cars as well as those of his customers
- The cost of racing in BriSCA F1
- Is a dual surface car a realistic proposition in 2021
- His preferred surface and favourite track
- His biggest frustration with the sport
- His plans for 2021……and more!
Make sure you’re following all of our social media, just search BSCDAF1 on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.