Saturday 11th September 2021 – Bradford – World Championship Final
THIS IS IT!!
It’s been two years in the making but we finally get to attend a long awaited World Championship Final. Defending Champion Tom Harris (1) has held his title for the past two years due to the pandemic that brought the entire world to a standstill. Qualifying started shortly after Tom’s victory back in 2019 at King’s Lynn with a number of qualifying rounds taking place during the back end of that season.
2020 saw a much delayed start to the season in August but with uncertainty surrounding the pandemic it was decided that a standard season would be replaced by The Chase Championship.
It was looking very much like 2021 was going to be another year of potential restrictions after entering the new year in lockdown but after a slightly delayed start to the season we have been able to continue the qualifying rounds, with points scored in 2019 counting towards qualification and now we are about to witness the biggest event of the year for our sport at a venue most people thought would never hear the rumble of a V8 Chevy again.
The booking list currently stands at 86 cars for this event and we are delighted to see a number of foreign entrants making the journey over for what is set to be a memorable evening.
Booking List – 86 Cars
|8||13||Kelvin Hassell||Lower Picker|
|16||45||Nigel Harrhy||Hampton in Arden|
|37||215||Geoff Nickolls||Melton Mowbray|
|42||242||Joe Nickolls||Melton Mowbray|
|46||276||Mark Poole||Stoke on Trent|
|57||389||Tom Dayman||Bishops Itchington|
|61||445||Nigel Green||Sutton in the Elms|
|66||525||Nigel de Kock||The Netherlands|
|69||541||Willie Skoyles Junior||King’s Lynn|
|70||555||Frankie Wainman Jnr Jnr||Silsden|
|72||H14||Rick Wobbes||The Netherlands|
|73||H210||Peter Suzan||The Netherlands|
|74||H248||Mika Ronitz||The Netherlands|
|75||H27||Rutger Valk||The Netherlands|
|76||H337||Dennis Tesselaar||The Netherlands|
|77||H36||Wendy Koopmans||The Netherlands|
|78||H38||Bart Koopmans||The Netherlands|
|79||H393||Gert Elzinga||The Netherlands|
|80||H40||Mark Tesselaar||The Netherlands|
|81||H410||Jelle Tesselaar||The Netherlands|
|82||H47||Danny van Wamelen||The Netherlands|
|83||H54||Sierd de Vries||The Netherlands|
|84||H699||Jan Kuin||The Netherlands|
|85||H880||Niels Tesselaar||The Netherlands|
|86||H92||Remco de Buck||The Netherlands|
Advance tickets sales have now ended. All tickets can be purchased on the day at the turnstiles from 3pm:
- Adults – £45.00
- OAP – £39.00
- Junior (10-15) – £15.00
- Kids (9 and under) – FREE
- Family (2 Adults and up to 3 Juniors) – £117.00
- Grandstand seating – £15.00 extra via the link
- Two day camping ticket – £20.00 via the link
- Drivers Gate – 11am
- Turnstiles – 3pm
- Overseas Time Trials – 3:30pm
- First Race – 5:30pm
- There will be a drivers poster signing area near the home straight grandstand from 3pm.
- Overseas time trials will also take place on Saturday prior to the meeting start.
- Additional Car Parking – After prolonged discussion with Bradford Council, Startrax have now secured significant additional parking across the road at the Richard Dunne centre, it has thus far been running at around 35% capacity due to Covid etc and they have created significant extra space on land behind the pit area – they feel confident this addresses those who had concerns.