Important information – Sheffield & Buxton events in October
Due to the government announcing changes with regards to elite sports stadiums on Wednesday 9th September and ‘return of crowds’ and putting this ‘under review’ until 1st October, we were informed by Sheffield City Council on Monday 14th that we should put our event scheduled for the 4th back until the latest guidance has been issued.
Therefore, after consultation and not to prejudice the considerable work already done with the Council HSE / EHO we were obliged to co-operate. Therefore, this event will not now take place on the 4th October and has been rescheduled 14 days later.
Sheffield is classed as an ‘elite sports stadium’ and therefore has difference guidance to most other ovals. Things equally move very quickly and government advice only in the last few days has permitted EFL grounds to re-open with 1000 people pending the review due for 1st October and next steps.
A&S Leisure and Startrax objective is to work in co-operation with the local authority and work with them as the objective is to successfully re open, albeit with a restricted attendance.
Thanks to co-operation with Buxton Raceway and colleagues around the BriSCA table and the BSCDA, we have facilitated moving Sheffield to Sunday 18th October at 12:30pm – Ticket details and availability will be advised next week with Tuesday 29th SEPTEMBER at 12pm pencilled for their release.
Thanks to co-operation also with Spedeworth in juggling formulae, Sunday 18th will feature an 11 race programme including an F1 W&Y for BriSCA F1 and National Ministox.
Buxton Raceway will now as part of the date swop operate on SATURDAY 3rd OCTOBER, brought forward from Saturday 17th and will feature BriSCA F1, National Ministox & BriSCA Micro F2 Stock Cars
Behind the scenes everyone has worked hard in a short period of time to affect this rescheduling, under the current circumstances, it is unsurprising that there is an odd bump along the road.
Both Buxton and Sheffield will publish on their respective websites full ticketing details and Covid 19 requirements as we all strive to operate in the safest possible environment.
For absolute clarity, the Chase series rounds have been amended as follows:
SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER – NOW BUXTON RACEWAY
SUNDAY 4TH OCTOBER – NO MEETING AT SHEFFIELD – POSTPONED
SATURDAY 17TH OCTOBER – NO MEETING AT BUXTON RACEWAY for BriSCA F1 – NOW 3RD OCTOBER
SUNDAY 18TH OCTOBER – NOW SHEFFIELD
Full details will appear on social media feeds for BUXTON and STARTRAX over the coming days.
We apologise for this necessary change and hope it does not inconvenience our faithful fans too much and we thank you for your support. However, we’re going racing and that’s what is important!